adidas Golf Brings Back The Power with the New Powerband Boa Boost
Powerful Design, Bold Branding and Innovative Technologies, adidas Takes Golf Footwear to a Whole New Level
Carlsbad, Calif. (December 19, 2016) – adidas Golf, an industry leader in innovation, technology and performance footwear, announced today the release of the new Powerband Boa Boost. Since its inception ten years ago, the focus of the adidas Power franchise was to provide golfers with the most traction, support and stability, allowing them to maximize their swing speed and performance. A new generation of adidas branding and shoe construction, the Powerband Boa Boost combines game-changing technologies including BOOST™ cushioning, a brand new L6 Boa® Closure System, an updated POWERCAGE saddle, and a climaproof seamless stretch microfiber leather upper.
Powered by scientific and biomechanical testing and research, the Powerband Boa Boost incorporates technologies to promote energy return, lateral stability, and comfort. The new POWERCAGE chassis system uses supportive materials and straps in the center saddle to lock down the midfoot, while seamlessly incorporating the brand new L6 Boa® Closure System, an incremental pull and push structure located on the top center tongue, designed to enable fast and easy micro-adjustability for a customizable fit.
“The original Powerband golf shoe was a revolutionary product when we first brought it to the marketplace in 2007 and it helped push golf footwear technology to the next level. The Power franchise has always stood out as bold and more progressive, and is a great representation of what adidas golf is all about. Infusing this footwear with all that we have learned the past 10 years, the new Powerband Boa Boost is the most technical and innovative Powerband shoe to date and we are excited to bring it back to the golf market.”
Available in January 2017, the Powerband Boa Boost will be offered in five colorways and in medium or wide widths in the US at an MSRP of $179.99USD.
Powerband Boa Boost features and benefits:
• BOOST™ midsole cushioning for walking comfort and energy return
• New L6 Boa® Closure System conveniently located on top center tongue for more customizable micro adjustability
• POWERCAGE saddle construction by soft wire through 360LOOP guide to Boa® Closure System for preventing power leaks and strengthening lateral stability on upper
• 6-spike TPU outsole construction with strategically placed secondary lugs with new low profile thintech® EXP cleats for tour proven grip, stability, performance and enhanced green friendliness
• climaproof stretch microfiber offers durability and lightweight comfort with easy care
• New competition last features a slightly rounded toe shape and wider forefoot for increased overall volume, improved comfort, and exceptional stability
• bounce foam in forefoot for long-lasting cushioning and soft comfort
• fitfoam® PU sockliner provides great cushioning, support, and comfort
Download images here
Boa® is a registered trademark of Boa Technology, Inc.
Download PDFDownload PDF
About adidas Golf
About TaylorMade Golf Company
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade Golf Company sells golf equipment, footwear, apparel and accessories under the TaylorMade, adidas Golf, Adams and Ashworth brands. TaylorMade Golf Company posted 2014 sales of €913 million.
About the adidas Group
adidas is a global leader in the sporting goods industry with the core brands adidas and Reebok. Headquartered in Herzogenaurach/Germany, the Group employs more than 60,000 people across the globe and generated sales of € 19 billion in 2016.